This is brought to you from the couch of a small house in Vermont. Eat cheese, drink syrup, and listen to Phish.
Here’s what’s going on in the world:
- Government’s closed, come back later
- The Dow ain’t stoked
- Stoke is high in Northern New England as a storm moves in ready to dump on mountains
- China landed on the “dark side of the moon” which is awesome.
- Greensky Bluegrass has a new album coming out. Listen to one of the songs here.
- Countless people who will be household names in years to come are doing cool shit and not making a lot of money and living in less than ideal living conditions.
- Lots of other things, probably
Things to talk about:
- This guy got 47 diamond bracelets sent to him for the price of one…then sent them back. Hmm.
- This guy is selling his van
- Jeff Johnson. He’s one of the coolest people-you-wanna-get-a-beer-with’s out there today.
- Nancy Pelosi got the gavel back. Good or bad?
- Akon is building a futuristic, crypto-currency based city in Senegal called Crypto City where he’s pretty much merging Tron and Black Panther. Love it.
- Winter’s kinda just not happening this year, huh?
- Neil Armstrong was the first person to walk on the moon. Neil A spelled backwards is alien. Just saying.
From the Notes section of my phone: “Those that find it normal or even wholesome to leave a pie on a windowsill to cool, rather than being immediately horrified by the idea, are not adequately prepared for bears.” 8/23/18
Trips I want to go on, arranged by type:
- From Cape Flattery in Washington (the most northwestern point in the country) down the west coast of the country down to Baja (Southerwestern corner of the country…or most northwestern in Mexico).
- Salmon, Idaho to Montana. Arrive on the 3rd of July for the Livingston Roundup in Livingston by way of Bozeman and Missoula.
- West coast of Portugal -> France -> Spain -> East coast of Italy. Somehow one would gain weight from this one.
- The Canadian Rockies.
- Backpacking through New Zealand. Then stay there for a very long time.
- The Hayduke Trail.
- Mt. Huashun Trail, China. A Taoist pilgrimage of sorts. Can get a tad toursity at some points, but whatever.
- The entirety of the Great Wall of China
- The entirety of the Colorado River in a raft
- The Boundary Waters by canoe
- Sail across the ocean
- Sail around the world
- Down the coast of the America’s
- Literally every single dirt road and forest access road I ever find.
- As many road-trips as I can convince people to go on with me.
- Load up a car with jesus juice and go to 24 Hours of Horseshoe Hell.
A song for you: Country Road by Jack Johnson & Paula Fuga